New furniture delivered today with problems

shelltwee

Mar 7, 2012
Hi there

My first time please be gentle.

I have had 2 sofas, a chair and footstool delivered from SCS today. Once the delivery men had gone i noticed that the chair, footstool and one of the sofas were rocking on their legs and did not sit on the floor correctly. i think they must have warped frame or something. I rang and spoke to the Customer Aftercare Dept and reported the faults within 10 minutes of delivery. The are to send someone to look at the faults next Friday 16th march " Is this reasonable as we cant really use the faulty furniture until its sorted" Can i insist on a more speedy response or am i being unreasonable. Or can i request a complete replacement. I am v.v.dissapointed we have waited 15 weeks for this furniture and now its not right.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Hello and welcome to the forum - we are always gentle!

The Sale of Goods Act is quite clear that if goods are delivered with an existing fault you can demand a refund, replacement or repair, obviously with something 10 minutes old when you notice the problem, you are not going to opt for a repair.

The choice is yours, not theirs, you need to be firm on this, you will find further advice on this site or on the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) website.

I'm guessing they're gonna say your floor is uneven :D

Good luck and let us know how you go on.

Teddie1000

Dec 13, 2013
I agree, I assume you have tried checking this with a spirit level!!!!!!

Occasioanlly the legs can be screwed on incorrectly and it might be worth checking this, but unless the rock is severe, I would have thogut this to be fairly trivial.