gloss paints on metalwork/woodwork : CROWN TRADE FULL GLOSS

richardanne

Mar 18, 2012
Hi everyone, I'm a decorator thats having problems with a paint supplier, I late last summer painted a load of metalwork externally, 5 days later the gloss had hardly dried, you can imagine the mess when you have 500 people using this walkway over a weekend, anyway the manufacturers have taken samples and analyzed them, I knew what they would say even before the rep came back to me, that we had put it on too thick, rubbish 6 tradesmen with yrs of experience and every piece of metalwork had rippled, its looks awful. I have heard from other decorators of problems with the glosses not drying, I do think that this will be going to court as my customer is withholding a sum of money (quite rightly so as well ) but the manufacturers are just turning round and blaming us, I now have noticed for a couple of months now that there is now a sticker placed on top of the lids actually saying to not apply too thickly. I need help from any other tradespeople with similar experiences, too give me literature to help me fight these guys. Its now come out that Crown Tech dept now actually recommend Crowh high performance gloss for metal work and not Full gloss