This really is a cry for help!

emma84

Mar 21, 2012
Really don't know what to do for the best, i am slowly watching my partner have a nervous breakdown and i am helpless and know one else will help us hence i find myself here, this is the situation so far...
a car was bought with a finance agreement, several problems with the car that is 2 years old and only done 20,000miles, it has gone back to the main dealership where it was bought in total about 7 times, i researched the car and several people with the same make and model car are experiencing similar problems, including no faults showing up on the diagnostic machine. We took it to an independant garage and a list of about 5 faults and the fault codes came up, we kept a copy of these, it went back to the main dealership and they found no faults so they had the car for over a week ( sent it to another of their dealerships to be seen by a head mechanic ) it then went back to the independent garage and the fault codes did not come up, meaning the vehicles computer had been cleared/reset, they have now demanded the courtesy car back and have said we can collect the car as they have found no faults and will not be doing any further work on it, i am so worried as some of the faults include wiring issues, power surges, drops in power, strange sounds and my partner drives on the motorway every day i am so worried and i just dont know any thing as to where we stand and i dont know how much more my partner and i can take, we need help - please!

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
As the car is on finance, it is owned by the finance company and therefore you should be complaining to them.

It is very worrying that they could have reset the onboard computer to delete any notice of faults, I can't help thinking this would only be a temporary measure and the faults would show again, unless they had disabled it altogether, I am seeing a mechanic tomorrow and will ask about this because it could show very serious misconduct.

In the meantime speak to the finance company, tell them you feel the car is unsafe and that you would like them to get an independant report on the faults and the previous report you received.