samsung plasma

ajdclayton

Mar 22, 2012
hi i have a 42" samsung plasma, 2 months outside its warranted , in its 1st 2 months of its life it was repaired twice, bought new from argos it now has gone faulty again a samsung engineer has been and looked at it and has said it requires a new x and y board, is there anything i can do ?
thanks in advance

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi,
When was the tv purchased? And at what cost?
Also what were the faults in the first 2 months? And did the engineer comment on these repairs?

ajdclayton

Mar 22, 2012
Thanks for the reply, the tv is 26 months old bought for £449 1st fault was tv card and they never said about the 2nd, as look would have it I have since rung Argos who have agreed in principal to repair the tv under the sales of goods act they have 6 years to ensure there goods are unfit for use. Good old google I did a bit of research and alls looking good just need to send engineers report along with proof of purchase fingers crossed

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Thanks for the reply, the tv is 26 months old bought for £449 1st fault was tv card and they never said about the 2nd, as look would have it I have since rung Argos who have agreed in principal to repair the tv under the sales of goods act they have 6 years to ensure there goods are unfit for use. Good old google I did a bit of research and alls looking good just need to send engineers report along with proof of purchase fingers crossed
In principal.. That made me laugh, more like they're obliged to repair it under the SOGA, anyway, glad its getting sorted for you.