trying to aquire my old loan agreements for use towards a ppi claim!!

BazzG

Mar 23, 2012
Hi, i'm new to this site and was wondering if anyone could help with information regarding the consumer credit act 1974 s77-79? i've recently been sending out the template letters i took from moneysaving expert.co.uk for requesting a copy of my original loan/hire purchase agreements from various lenders so that i could see whether i had paid payment protection fees. anyway, Santander have replied back to me with this statement

"After checking our records, I can confirm that all monies required undewr the terms and conditions of the aggreement have been paid and the account is now closed. Therefore, s77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 no longer applies. Please find enclosed your cheque for £1.00"

Can they simply say this and not provide me with a copy of my original agreement? any information regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

bazz

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
You can still get this information using a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act, costs slightly more (I think it's £10 but may be a good investment). In reply to this they must give you all the information they hold on you for the past 6 years, this should include your credit agreements if it's within this time.

Not sure if there's a template on here but you will certainly find one on Martin Lewis' site, Consumer Action Group or Legal Beagles.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
As an afterthought, you're not supposed to need your credit agreements, have a look at the PPI claim form on the Financial Ombudsman website and see what info you need to give.