Leaking roof 2 weeks after purchase!! - Right to reject??

zse4xdr5

Apr 4, 2012
Hello

I would just like your thoughts on this one... any responses are appreciated!

My bf purchased a 02 Reg Renault Megane Coupe Fidji exactly 2 weeks ago (on Wed 20 March 2012). Last night we discovered the roof leaks (its the first time since we purchased the car it has rained properly).

Water is dripping from the front where the lights are inside, and is dripping all over the floor, handbreak, gear stick etc. Everytime I turn a corner in the car water splashes on either me or passenger.

As I have only had this car 2 weeks I want to reject it as it also sounds like the back bearing is going, the left electric wing mirror doesn't work, I've also had to pump up the tires twice already too.

I phoned the company I brought it from and they flat out refused to take it back and refund me, the guy said I would have to take him to court. I have phoned the citizens advice and will be sending a letter as advised by them later on today via recorded delivery.

Does anyone think I am likely to get a refund? Surely the dealer must have known the roof was leaking before I purchased the car?

Thanks for your help

Z

Last edited:

samneil333

Jul 14, 2012
Hi just wondering how you got on in the end (if it has ended that is) as I have similar problem with a Laguna