Covering expenses!!

Hez1985

Apr 4, 2012
[I purchased a second hand car on finance 3 weeks ago. *On the way home it started beeping and flashing oil pressure low. *I checked the oil and there was nothing wrong with it. *I contacted the selling but there was a stand in at the yard where I purchased the car he stated that the main man would contact me in the morning which was a Saturday I didn't get a call. I phoned on the Monday but again the main boss wasn't there, this went on till the Friday then he asked me to take it back Saturday which is over a week since I picked the car up. I took the car and he took across to the garage and the head gasket had broken so he stated that he needed to keep it to repair it. He stated that I could take another car, which I was happy with. *He clearly stated that I had to insure this car that I was burrowing he even contacted the main dealer office to ask them if I had to insure the car and they confirmed that I had to insure it! So I insured the car for a week. A week later I went to pick my car back up and again on the way home it did the same thing I took the car back and burrowed the other car again.

I ended up insuring a second car for 3 weeks which cost me £65.00 I explain this to the dealer and he stated he'd cover my costs!*

However today I have been to pick my car up and he stated that he isn't covering my costs and I could have used his insurance.

Am I able to reclaim the cost for extra insurance, a months worth of tax (I taxed the car on day of purchase) and all the petrol/bus fair back and forth (from Sheffield to chesterfield)?*

Also while there today the man was extremely intimidating and aggressive towards me stating that the car I had purchased had cost them a lot and they didn't have to burrow me a car but like I stated to the man if I had have known the car needed repair I could have kept my old car which I was insured for, and it was taxed and tested therefore I wouldn't have had to burrow the second car!!! Even if he had have asked me to return my car the same day I could have kept my old car till the new one was repaired!