charity shop refunds?

gemma89

Apr 5, 2012
i bought 2 leather 2 seater settees from my local charity shop which were in good condition until i noticed when they had been delivered very bad stains on all the cushions underneath and the base for the cushions was also badly stained and dirty after paying £150 for both settees i wasnt happy. The settees were also advertised with 2 foot stools which didnt come with delivery after speaking to the manager of the store they told me they would take the settees back but i would have to pay £15 to get them uplifted by there delivery man and i would have to wait until they had resold the settees before i could get any of my money back when the settees would be sold was not guaranted

has this happened to anyone and do you have any advice?

durva

Jun 7, 2013
Well, I bought 4 dining chairs on the 22nd of May 2013, and on the 7th one of them broke when I pulled it inwards to sit on it for dinner. One of the legs just came off!! Went to the shop and the worker there argued that I broke it, afterall, I took the chair after thorough examination. But the trust that the shops do check the goods and furniture after carefully checking them for all the faults. The attitude of the manager and the behaviour is not worth mentioning, as it was downright degrading. After all this discussion, he said if I dont have the reciept, nothing can be done, and if I have they will have a look.

Pure luck, I found the receipt, and then he came down to furniture I had donated in return and how much bad it was. The shop was Helen and Douglos, and they have reduced my respect for that charity considerably. I am going there on Tuesday and will post on what happened there then. If they dont take it back, I am just going to dump the chair there and let them take care of it from then on. It was £10, and a lot of headache.