Car sensors

bond_gal

Apr 8, 2012
I just bought a brand new car paid £250 to have genuine parking sensors put on - what i recieved was a Halfords Meta parkit kit and was still charged the same price. The kit that was put on my car cost £99 what i chose was £250 and paid £250 its been 3 weeks since i had the car can i still complain? I even marked out in the book what i wanted? :mad:

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Yes you can still complain, if you have paid for something which you specifically asked for and not received you can ask them to remove the kit and receive a full refund, or to fit the one you paid for at no extra cost to yourself.

mikie966

Apr 18, 2012
Chester
My wife bought a second hand X type jaguar on the 15 March. We now find that the automatic gearbox has a fault - are we entitled to some financial assistance from the dealer ( Motoworld ) ?

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
This really depends on the age of the car, the price you paid and what you were told when you bought it, to make a second hand car 'fit for purpose' it has to start and travel down a road, if this gearbox problem prevents it doing that, you may have a case, on the other hand if it's 12 months old and you've paid top whack, you could expect more from it.

Sorry that's a bit vague, please feel free to send further details.