Second hand car main dealer warranty

matandh

Apr 11, 2012
Hi can anyone help please?
i brought a car from a main dealer and it came with a years dealer warranty in that year the boot broke so they fixed it under the warranty, the warranty of the car has run out and the boot has broken again
My question is: In theory the part they used was new does that mean i have two years warranty on the part under the Eu ruling?
Many thanks.
Matt
P.s Hi everyone i'm a newbie so please be gentle :)

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi there,
If a repair has taken place then yes that repair should be of reasonable quality and last a reasonable length of time.
As for the warranty, I immediately think yes, the boot / repaired pieces will have a new warranty from the date of repair.
(Witch Consumer if you are reading this, please jump in for further clarification - you are far superior to me)

Thanks

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
matandh

when you bought the car did they provide a guarantee or warranty? There is a difference.

If you have a warranty or guarantee and have a part replaced just before it runs out and that part breaks again just after it runs out your claim against the dealer doesn't stop. It does not mean that the warranty/guarantee starts again for another year either.

The Supply of Goods and Services cover faulty workmanship and parts.

Not sure what you mean regarding EU law and 2 year ruling in respect of your part?