HELP! Vertigo-Interiors Faulty Goods terrible customer service

will69

Apr 16, 2012
I am hoping to get advice and I will try and make this not too long winded:eek:
My letters and emails are being ignored
below is a copy of the letter I sent to Vertigo-Interiors

On May 17th 2008 we paid a deposit of £50.00 for the order of 6Tulip Chairs and a Marble Table set, the final balance of £998.00 for (order no 1567050336) 6 Tulip Fibreglass Chairs, 1 Oval Marble Table Top, Fibreglass Base and another £150.00 for an extra 2 Fibreglass Chairs(order no 1667207653) at a grand total of £1,198.00.

From the onset we have had problems with these products and after a long winded battle with Robert from Vertigo.
Vertigo eventually replaced the table top and chairs that all had inherent damage to them and we were given a promise from Vertigo Interiors[quote"if you want to receive replacements then I will accept this as I have a driver in Scotland who will be able to deliver on Monday. He will bring your replacement Table Top which is now here and 6 Tulip Chairs and 2 Tulip Arm Chairs from our commercial range. Commercial versions are made to withstand even commercial environments such as bars and cafes and have a thinner aluminium swivel base and moulded polypropylene tops. They cannot break or crack and can only be chipped with major force. These chairs usually retail at a much higher £149 per unit and are significantly better therefor this is the preferred option" ] Our new chairs and table top were delivered 16th November 2008.

It appears that your chairs must be defective at manufacture? Under normal and reasonable use a number of the chairs a re cracking at the internal bend between the seat and the back.
Polypropylene apparently cannot be repaired. The base of the Table now has vertical cracking under the +100kg loading of the marble table top which, along with the chairs, is now extremely dangerous due to their nature and becoming unusable. Again the goods which we purchased from Vertigo are not of satisfactory quality and are not fit for purpose.

Any advice would be much appreciated
thank you

G_Carruthers

May 24, 2012
Vertigo Interiors - Excellent Service for me!

Not sure about that!

We bought a tulip table in marble in 2009 with 4 chairs along with a globe chair for the kids room and a rocking chair for my daughters child and all are still in perfect condition. Perhaps it is all about how you use them! I only found this page as I was searching for them again to buy a coffee table.

You can phone them they seem to be open every day I spoke to them!

You cant satisfy all the people all of the time...

Grant Carruthers

G_Carruthers

May 24, 2012
Vertigo Interiors - Excellent Service for me!

To the customer who detailed bad service I previously replied, this has never been the case for me so here are the numbers I have just used if you need to talk to someone

they use a national number 0871 2882670, I also noticed you can call 01509 236206 as this was the number I was called back upon by a nice lass called Rachel

I would (and have) recommended these to people I know so I am sure this cannot be right, get in touch with them

Grant