I need Help with ebay purchase

floss2864

Apr 17, 2012
Hi people i need help with an Ebay purchase i have made.
I bought a Toaster/Egg Boiler on Ebay,
It worked for roughly 1 month then the toaster side has packed up, the egg boiler side still works so basically its a malfunction within the appliance. the seller has told me to return this item and they will refund me, but only if i have the original packaging, i have already found, through this site that they cannot state "must be returned in original packaging" this i found within the distance selling contract which covers online purchases.
But i am wondering where i stand with having used the appliance for more than 30 days then it breaking and now wanting either a replacement or refund. seen as it was bought online at Ebay The Sale of Goods Act does not cover online purchases.
would like any imput please.
regards
Floss2864

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
All goods you buy as new from a business (even one trading through ebay) are covered by SOGA.

If the item is not fit for purpose you have the right to return it for a refund/replacement/repair and you don't need the original packaging.

I think ebays complaints policy is 40 days (don't use it anymore so I'm not 100% sure on that), if so, you could also try reclaiming your money that way.