Description of apartment were those of another apartment

Crafty

Apr 18, 2012
Hi I am new to the forum and enjoy watching 'don't get done, get Dom'. I am looking for advice on a holiday to lanzarote last August. I book an apartment in the fariones with direct holidays. The description was in of the fariones playa-beach location, which was the deciding factor for us-this was booked in June. However on Thursday previous to our departure I got a call from direct holidays saying that the description of the apartments on the website was incorrect and our apartments were not along the beach. I got an email with the proper description,which I couldn't open, so I phoned and said that it was the beach location which appealed to us, so could we get this. The operator said she would check and get back to me. On Saturday when I had no response, I phoned and got a voicemail saying my contact was out of the office. We went ahead on sunday as planned, when we got there, the rep knew nothing of our problem. We stayed in the fariones apartments which were fine, but a bit quiet for our 12year old. I contacted direct holidays when I got back and eventually got a letter saying they were not liable for the incorrect description on the website and that I had been told the person I was dealing with would be out of office(I do not recal being told this). Is this correct? I did book the holiday about 2months before and it seems a bit peculiar that the website problem was only detected a couple of days before we departed. I would appreciate any advice. Martina wright

Crafty

Apr 18, 2012
Hi
I booked the holiday last June and travelled in August. Got final reply a couple of months later and put it on the long finger until I started watching Dom.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
The law covering package holidays states that accommodation must be as described, obviously this isn't the case and you don't appear to have been given the option to cancel or transfer the holiday at no cost to yourself (although it was probably too late to rearrange), the fact that they informed you so late is also questionable, have they given you a reason for this e.g. they had other complaints from previous holiday makers?

What was their 'final response'?

Crafty

Apr 18, 2012
the response was a 2page letter. To quote parts 'having investigated this matter with our website dept. they have advised us that regrettably the Fariones Playa was incorrectly loaded against the Apartments Fariones....from time to time experiences problems..like all businesses offering the facility of a website, we have loaded a disclaimer...our wesite is provided 'as is'..and no warranty is given...as to performance of website, or it's freedom from errors or inaccuracies. We contacted you as soon as the error was recovered... A member contacted you on 11 th august. She informed your party you could request a change to fariones playa however this could not be guaranteed as the complex was fully booked....
As I said earlier, I asked her to see if the playa was available as it was the beach location which made us book the holiday. She did say she would check but as I said she didn't get back to me. I can't believ that it took almost 2 months to discover the website error...if we had been told soon after the booking was made we could have picked another package, which had the beach location which we were of the opinion we had booked.