car insurance

fabange

Apr 24, 2012
my son got an insurance quote online and paid £500 (the rest to be paid in installments) the insurers rang him back to say they were cancelling the policy as he had not declared that he previously had been banned although he is not banned now and did not realise he had to declare this.they said they are keeping the £500 can they do this? This all happened within minutes of getting the quote.:confused:

Olivio

Jul 26, 2012
Well what I can say I am going through almost the same situation, my Insurance own me £500 as well - I have complained so far nothing - I want to contact the Trading Standard and FSA
My case wrong information was in the database they wanted to charge me £330 after buying the Insurance for £850- so I did cancelled and purchased a new Insurance so far been refunded only £350

dorien

Aug 7, 2012
Hey we are in similar position. My son also had spent a great deal of time on the comparison websites and phoning every one of the major dealers for quotes. Eventually he got something worth going with from tescos car insurance and decided to take this and paid them £300 up front.
Then a short while later he was informed that because his application contained "mis-leading or false" information the policy had to be canceled and they are holding on to the money he initially paid. A woman from my work said she has been through the same situation and eventually got the money back after making a series of threats and complaints. So I guess the solution is to not let them away with it and make as much noise about the situation as possible.