Mobile Phone Recycling - Please Help

TallGuy

Apr 30, 2012
I am waiting for the new galaxy phone to come out and while I was reading some articles about it one of those recycler comparison websites was discussing it. I already have the galaxy s 2 so I went to their website and pulled this face when I saw the prices :D

Can anyone tell me based on the prices and companies whether this is a reputable website?? I only ask because I have been stung on eBay before with those scammers and I just want to get the job done.

I can't post links so how do I get people to look at the page without making it look like an advert?

Thanks in advance for any help

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
It's fine to tell us. As for reputability, this is dependant on personal experiences, so you may get conflicting answers. I've used O2 recycle twice and was fine both times though took 2 weeks. the other half has used mazuma and they claimed the iPhone arrived damaged.. Mother in law used O2 and they proceeded it in a day.
Personal experiences :)

TallGuy

Apr 30, 2012
Thanks for that :)

I used a comparison website called onbay recycle. I went there because it said something about offering at least £1 more which it actually did to be fair. Since this one paid more than sell my mobile I thought i'd go with it but I just wanted to be sure. I know onbay recycle don't take my phone though so I suppose the next step is making sure their recyclers are reputable!!

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Just a note, QuidCo give cash back for some recyclers. You get £3 cash back when you use O2 recycle. I done this twice as two separate recycles and got £6 cash back. Not bad me thinks

TallGuy

Apr 30, 2012
Thanks for the heads up. I had a look and boots were going to offer me a lot less than it would have been worth using Quidco but it does sound good for those where the price is close enough to the top spot anyway.

TallGuy

Apr 30, 2012
Well I finally sold my phone at Sell My Mobile Phone - Sell Your Mobile Phone | OnBay Recycle and it wasn't so bad at all. I got the envelope the next day and a text, packaged the phone in a royal mail silver special delivery envelope and got my money today.

I've got some more phones lying around so I might do it again, probably save them for when it's a rainy day and I need some more money :)