Credit check on operating employer's bank account ??

diane70

May 7, 2012
Hi,

I am new to these forums and wanted to try and find out something that has been worrying my sister for a couple of weeks.

She is taking on a new job role in the same company which includes having to write out cheques and make payments on behalf of the company.

She has been told by her manager that when they sit down with the bank next week to have her name put on paperwork and cheque books that she will have to undergo a credit check.

Coincidentally, she applied to the same bank 2 weeks ago for a personal current account and although her report is reading "good" she was refused an account.

(on reading her report from credit expert, I guess the refusal was down to her credit card being on max and only minimum payment having been paid over the last 2-3 years)

Anyway, now she is very worried and anxious that the bank will refuse her employer for her to administer this role which may affect her future position in the company.

She has already undergone fraud and police checks when she first took the job and I would have thought that would have been the only type of check required.

She now has to undergo a very embarrassing and uncomfortable meeting with her manager and the same bank person who refused her a personal account 2 weeks ago.

Does anybody know if this is a different type of credit score requirement for this type of scenario ?

Why would there be any need for a credit check in the first place ?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Tell her not to worry, they cannot disclose any personal financial information without her express permission and wouldn't bring up her application for an account anyway. These checks are to ensure she has no criminal record or history of fraud (insurance etc).

diane70

May 7, 2012
Hi, Thanks for that

I know they wouldnt or couldnt divulge her personal application she did 2 weeks ago.

She is just worried her employer gets refused for her to be able operate the company bank account. With "that" the embarrassment of it all and jeopardising the new position.

Thanks ever so much for your help