Very Poor TalkTalk Service

May 13, 2012
Dear All

I am venting. Utility companies are like insurance companies: you don't know ehich are the good ones until there is a problem. TalkTalk is not one of the good ones. My phone line developed an intermittant fault (the phone and internet were unserviceable for 95% of the time) and I eventually logged it with TalkTalk. It took them almost one month to fix it. We had to continually chase up, at one point finding out that TalkTalk had closed the case and we had to re-log the fault. The only way e=we got their attention was to stop our direct debit. TalkTalk wouldn't pay us back our money for the month without service and when we refused to pay the follow-on month they cut us off without warning. We terminated our custom and joined BT.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
I had similar problems right from the start with them, so did my mum. They had a sales pitch in Morrison's last week and the salesman smarmed up grinning like a Cheshire cat "hello madam" "Not if they were the last telecoms company in the world" I replied in an usually loud voice, the look on his face was well worth the open mouthed stares from surrounding shoppers.

Wouldn't touch them and would suggest everyone else steers clear too.

Mike_

May 27, 2012
Not the only problem though.

People do not understand the consequences of providing a Direct Debit for money to be extracted from their accounts. TalkTalk abuse the Direct Debit Scheme. I recently began writing articles about it under the title TalkTalk Direct Debit scam to help people protect themselves.

Incidentally, I am happy for What Consumer to reproduce my articles here (don't go selling them though ;) ). There's so little understanding about this area of malpractice and fraud against consumers!

Mike_

May 27, 2012
Surely any abuse of the direct debit scheme is covered by the direct debit from the bank
You would think so Witch!!!

How many people know, for example, that they should receive a minimum notice period between receiving a bill and extraction of funds from their account? If due to abuse the period is too short and leads to bank charges (and service provider charges) because the consumer has had insufficient time to lodge funds, how many people know their bank must refund charges? How many people know that once a Direct Debit short-notice "accident" has happened the result almost certainly ends up as an adverse credit reference? How many people know how to fix this type of adverse credit reference?

There's more, but that should give an indication that the consumer's bank alone cannot fix the results of direct debit abuse.

That leaves the question of why the Direct Debit Scheme sponsors' bank or BACS do not suspend those who abuse the Scheme. I am dealing with these, and Downing Street, to discover why the Scheme is not properly policed.

HTH...

jas1

Nov 1, 2013
I have signed up to Talk Talk and already I wish I had not. What appalling service.
They autoinstalled voicemail on my elderly mother's phone without being asked to do so. Then they lied about having an instruction to switch on voicemail. Now it has taken 72 hours to switch it off. Apparently, the account amendment feature is blocked.
But that did not stop them from taking the first bill amount or taking value line rental up front. We still do not have fibre broadband properly installed or the TV box delivered; several weeks after the go live date.
Fibre broadband speed is 11 Mbpos when they told us it would be 37 Mbps.

Anyone thinking of joining Talk Talk - don't. You will regret it.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
This is normal service for Talk Talk, what many people don't know is that if they fail to provide the services they are contracted to then you can cancel the contract. I am referring to yourTV here as I think you will find nobody will guarantee broadband speeds, they all give them as approximate.

jaxi

Oct 5, 2013
Hi I am new to this but regarding talktalk I have nothing but trouble with them since I signed up for tv as well as fone /broadband this has been ongoing since 6th sep 2013 I moved recently and they told me my fone/broadband and youview box would be up and running on said date. I asked engineer if he was setting my highspeed broadband and tv up he said no just foneline would need another engineer to set this up. When I spoke to talktalk they said I couldn't have fast broadband in this area so therefore couldn't have my youview up and running. This is not what they said at time of letting them know I was moving. Can I cancel my contract with them?

ahmed88

Nov 4, 2013
Since two months i have broadband fault, specially when it rains I lose internet connection every 10mins. They have sent 5 engineers, for which they charged me £50 for da second engineer's visit. They never told me about the charged,
now I want to cancel the contract but don't know if I CAN.

nothingbutepic

Oct 14, 2015
England
It's very simple. Just contact with telemarketers who transfer who provide the services of transfer your connection to another telemarketing company. In this way you can leave their services and choose the company of your choice.

calliejhon

Jul 26, 2017
breakdownrecoverywarrington.com
I had comparable issues proper from the begin with them, so did my mum. that they had a sales pitch in Morrison's final week and the salesperson smarmed up grinning like a Cheshire cat "hello madam" "no longer in the event that they were the remaining telecoms corporation in the international" I spoke back in an commonly loud voice,