Iphone 4s 3weeks old broken

dpbayly

May 15, 2012
Hi can anyone advise me of what i can/should do we started a contract with orange on the 15 April and 13 days later the phone started switching off we couldnt get back to the store we bought it from till nearly a week later where we were put on to a phone to talk to an i phone advisor at orange where they talked us through a few things to try and monitor the situation, the phone still played up so we called orange the told us to perform a factory reset and monitor the situation, the phone still played up so we called orange again this time they gave us a apple code and told us to go to a local apple store to get it sorted so we did they ran some checks and said it must be a hardware fault and offered us a re manufactured phone which i said i would not accept as our phone was new and why should i accept someone else's broken then repaired phone for my new one, they suggested taking it up with orange so i did.

Tonight i called orange and im sure what they are telling me is wrong but need someone who can confirm and advise me what to do next, they kept saying that as the phone was over 14days old when the problem was raised with them they cant supply me a new phone and that i have to go the the manufacturer as thats who my guarantee is with,

i kept arguing the fact if i buy something and have a fault i would return it to where i purchased it to get it sorted not the manufacture, but he kept fobbing me off saying im wrong and they don't have to do anything and i have to deal with apple!!!

I found this on this site under "Returning Damaged or Faulty Goods" section:

"The retailer’s obligations

If there is an obvious fault with the item at any time within the first 6 months and it has not been caused by wear and tear or misuse, your first port of call must be the shop you bought it from. They have the responsibility to put the matter right, and should not evade this responsibility by referring you to the manufacturer in the context of a guarantee or warranty."

How do i get orange to sort this matter out as simply and quickly as possible.

Thanks in advance.