cooperative electricals

chris1011981

May 21, 2012
hi there id like some advice please. i bought a samsung ue40d6100 3d tv in november 2011 from co operative eletricals online using my visa debit card i paid 599 pounds for it. the tv is beautiful but shortly after i noticed a fault with the motion blur on the tv ie your watching a programme ie football on sky hd and the programme with stutter and skip frames. or your playing a game on xbox 360 and the game just judders along. it does it on eastenders, etc the bill on watch hd. (its a inherent fault) i notified the retailer in december and he said im sorry but we cant swap it or refund the cash because of the lengh of time ive had it (bearing in mind the tv was new) the best he could do would be to send a engineer out from samsung. they sent a engineer out who fiddled with the settings didnt really know what to do as it didnt do it in front of him to much.. ive been sending emails back and forth to the shop where i got it but they refuse to budge. ive emailed samsung but theres nothing they can do. theres not just me other people have had this problem there was one guy last week who bought the 32 inch version of same tv and his does the same. and to top it all off the tv is advertised as full hd and 3d (the 3d part has been missold as it dosent display 1080p hd only 580 (hd ready)

what do i do im at my wits end.

MarkJL

May 22, 2012
Hi. This is classed as distance selling. If it's faulty then they must refund it. It's as simple as that, particularly as you reported it when it was less than six months old. I used to work for a company that had an internet department and if any customers bought on line and complained of a fault then they got a refund. If I was you I would threaten them with legal action. First, send them a "letter before action". Tell them what you want and give them a period of time to comply (say seven or ten days). If they do nothing after that timespan then issue a small claims case against them. You can easily do this on line. It will cost you maybe 20 to 40 pounds but you'll get this refunded when you win.