Problem With Vertical Blinds

derby

May 24, 2012
Hi

I purchased some Black Vertical blinds that were the blackout ones from a local company who source their materials from the manufacturer(Louvolite)

Had them fitted last October,they looked super for a few days then I started to notice white residue on them that started getting worse,after a few weeks there was so much white on them it was beginning to look like a pattern!!

I emailed Louvolite and they were good enough to send new fabric to where I purchased the blinds from and they made replacements(the company were then supposed to send samples of the old blinds to Louvolite for testing & they didn't)

New ones were put up and it started doing it again,so I don't think it was a one off.

I have a lot of condensation in this room and I wondered if it was anything to do with that or my Husband suggested maybe it was the fire retardant spray they use on them and they were reacting with something,anyway we were clutching at straws as we had no idea what was causing it.

I contacted Louvolite again and they contacted the shop and asked them to send my old blinds in for testing.Weeks passed and I hadn't heard anything,so I emailed Louvolite again and asked for an update,they said they couldn't tell me anything as I wasn't their customer directly and they had asked the owner of the shop to contact me.

He hasn't contacted me as he wasn't best pleased when he had to make up the new blinds the first time and was very off with us so I doubt he will want anything to do with us.

But surely they aren't fit for purpose ?

Where do I go from here,can anyone advise as I'm not even sure why Louvolite won't tell me after testing what if anything is wrong with the blinds?

Thank you for reading all this.