Web hosting provider contract

Dean

Jun 16, 2012
Can anyone offer some advice. I have had several websites built, my last website that was started to be built was completed by another company (as the company was sold). I paid good money for each web site and was informed of the annual fee for hosting each site. However, i am now looking to move to a cheaper host. In order for me to do this i have to pay £50.00 to release each site, (or pay £60.00 a year for each site to run with the now same host). at no time was i informed of the release fee, and was led to believe by the originnal owner of the company that once the site was built and paid for, it was mine to keep. Where do I stand? (it may be neccesary to note that since i have been made aware of the release fee, i have asked the company to update the site for another fee, would this make a difference?
any help would be great. thanks

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
at no time was i informed of the release fee, and was led to believe by the originnal owner of the company that once the site was built and paid for, it was mine to keep.
What did the contract state? What do you mean 'led to believe'?

(it may be neccesary to note that since i have been made aware of the release fee, i have asked the company to update the site for another fee, would this make a difference?
It will not make any difference to the terms of the contract but generally a person unhappy with a service does not engage them further.

jackomolight

Dec 21, 2012
Well there's probably been a "release clause" somewhere in the contract or in the terms & conditions which you have overlooked.