Harveys furniture...disaster,please help

jayswales

Jun 17, 2012
Hi
I am at the end of my tether and I dont know what to do.
I have had such a terrible experience with harveys furniture.
In October last year, we purchased a corner suite, In January this year we made a complaint that the seat had given way, someone came out and had a look and stuck some foam in the back of the chair and said this was temporary, we never heard from them again.
I then called to say the recliner had broken on the same chair, the stitching was coming out of the seat and the seat also was collapsing on the other chair and the recliner was broken on this too.
Another person was sent out even though i demanded I wanted a re selection.
Following this visit and many week laters i called harveys as has become the norm as i heard nothing at all....i was told i would have to have the suite fixed, i DEMANDED that we have a reselection as this suite was LITERALLY falling apart at the seems.
I then was told I would have a call back, weeks later i called them again as I heard nothing, i was told i would have the suite replaced with the same suite but i said i was not happy with this as I am not confident with this suite and i wanted a reslection.
I was told on the 28th May via voicemail that head of customer services was not available and i would have a call back soon.
On 16 june i called YET AGAIN to be told i would need to speak to a manager and i requested it get noted that i will now be seeking a FULL refund and i will instruct solicitors, i have also written to watchdog and reported this to trading standards as i have absolutely no confidence in the compnay, its staff or its products.
Am i entitled to a refund?
I also added the managing director on linkedin...he is Stephen Campbell and he accepted, I explained to him the complaint and asked if he would please intervene as I was not getting anywhere with his staff.
He promptly deleted me and did not reply.
I spent almost 2 grand on this suite and its falling apart, please help.
i just want a refund so i can purchase a suite we can use.

jayswales

Jun 17, 2012
Well I was quick enough to complain, I now must say that I have spoken to head of customer services who has santioned a full refund.
The branch manager at cwmbran called to arrange the suite to be lifted and once this is done, the refund will take place, thank you harveys.
all sorted.