W14 Hostel Olympics Booking

missredk8

Jun 18, 2012
Hello,

I have recently been staying at the W14 hostel in Hammersmith whilst working in London and have beds reserved up until November 2012. on the second week in I went to check in to be told that my reserved bunk in the 6 bed was not available due to a large school booking and that they would have to find a bed for me elsewhere in the hostel. The ended up putting me in a private room with 3 single beds and 1 double bed which was occupied by 4 gentlemen, they had forced two of the gentlemen to sleep together in the double bed so I could have the bed that one of them had been sleeping in previously. I was very uncomfortable about being put in that situation and as I can't trust that my future bookings will be available to me I am looking to cancel my future bookings and find alternative accommodation. My problem being that for the period of bookings over the olympics they have changed their policy to full prepayment no refunds, amendments or transfers. Now this equates to over £200 - where do I stand on getting my money back for those bookings?

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
missredk8

It all depends on what you contracted with the hotel. If they have changed the terms of the contract you can cancel and make a claim against them.

If two people agree that is a contract (basically). if one side than changes the terms then that is breach and the other has the right to damages.