Bought a Van off a friend

wend969

Jun 25, 2012
Bought a van off a friend, he sold it me for £1000, i've paid him £950, the log book is in my name & I have insurance on it. I also had all my tools stolen off a job & he let me get some tools on one of his accounts, I've been paying for the tools, and still owe £1100. He has now taken my van & all my tools including ones that where mine before. I've called the police & they say its a civil matter & won't get involved. Can anyone give me advice, as i can't now work without my tools & van. I don't have all the money to pay it all at the moment. He's also saying now that he said the van was £1500. Thanks in advance

DalePie

Jun 27, 2012
That's a weird one. I don't think you can do much other than come to an arrangement because if it went to court you would have to pay the remaining amount to get the van and tools back (He would have to give the tools back probably as part of settlement).

Has anything brought about this sudden change of heart. Sounds like something has happened because he was obviously happy to help you initially...

You haven't been playing away with his missus have you? (Tee Hee!)