SCS sofa

Suey

Jul 13, 2012
I bought a 'shop floor' sofa from SCS in January of this year. A few weeks ago, I had one of their upholsterers out to look at the sofa as wood has started sticking through from the back and the springs were set incorrectly during manufacture.
I was told by him, and a subsequent letter, that the parts were on order and would be ready to repair within 8 weeks.
I've since had a phone call from their customer service team saying they will issue me a credit voucher and collect my sofa as it's not 'cost effective' for them to repair it.
My problem is, as it was stock furniture, I only paid £695 instead of the £995 sale price. Do I have to accept the credit voucher or should they supply me with the same sofa (despite it being a higher price and not off the shop floor)?

Any help would be very much appreciated x

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi Suet,
You do not have to accept a credit voucher, you can choose to have a refund, the decision is yours and not theirs.
However the amount you will receive back would be the amount you paid, or potentially may be a partial refund to account for the time you've had it (though from what you've said, it sounds like a full refund).