advice please

mykid

Jul 15, 2012
wonder if anyone can give me advice on the following : in Nov 2008 we had a new boiler installed with a remote timer unit. Last year the remote timer was replaced as it had become faulty. One month ago the remote timer became faulty again, the same fault as the first one, the heating was on all the time.
I contacted the person that installed the boiler, he came to see if he could fix it, couldn't and said he would contact the company. This he did but apparently my warranty expired last October. He said he would speak to them again to try and get the remote replaced as it was a new one last year and should last longer than it has. We are still waiting for this to be replaced. I have contacted the person that installed it on numerous occasions to ask what is happening, I have even rung the boiler maker and spoken to them, they advised me that the person who fitted the boiler needs to go back to whoever he got the second remote from and ask them to replace it. I rang the installer and told him this, he said he would contact that person. Last Monday I contacted him to say we were getting very fed up of waiting for this to be sorted and what was happening. He telephoned me to say he had not heard back from anyone, that he would contact the company and ask them to come and have a look and that it might cost me. We are still waiting and are very cross now that this is still not resolved. Can someone tell me what rights I have to get the installer to get this sorted? He is the husband of a friend, I have used him in the past with no problem, but I am very fed up with waiting now. Not sure what I can do to make him sort it. Thanks for any advice.

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi there,
Im going to make this as simple as I can.
Who he contacts, when he contacts, if he contacts, is none of your business. You do not have to wait for him to receive replies off anyone. You have a contract with him for this remote, not a contract with the manufacturer.
It is not your problem whether he doesn't get a reply. He needs to sort out your remote and then after chase the company for him being out of pocket.
If he's stalling and not sorting it out, advise him that you can get someone else to do it and then claim the cost of this back from him. (as you can)

dorien

Aug 7, 2012
My boiler is an electramate 2000 and had nothing but problems with it, anyone know what it is best to replace this with?