re: Car Accident

Sunil

Jul 17, 2012
I was wondering if any one can guide me in the car accident that I was involved.

I was trying turn right on a main road from a small road when this ford focus(car A) travelling on the main road hit my car (car B). Just to elaborate this incident. There was another car (car C, not involved) which was turning right from main road on the small road (where I was waiting to take right turn). So after looking right I decided to move and so did car 'C' started to take right turn. Now when My car & car 'C' where next to each other car 'A' came on the scene. Now possibly car 'A' did not notice me as I was parallel the car 'C' and car 'A' tried to drive behind the car 'C' and found my car. Car 'A' did slam his breaks there were skid marks.

This main road where car 'A' was driving is a single lane road but very broad road. Speed limit is 30 MPH. There is reserve area on the main road for cars to turn. It is cross junction and there is pedestrian crossing just before the junction and zig zag lines on the both sides of the road.

At the point of impact my car was partially on the reserve area and partially on the lane where zig zag lines are placed. My view is that had the driver of car 'A' not tried to drive behind the car 'C' and also drove just on the middle of the road then he would have passed my car with out scratching it. Also the skid marks shows that he was driving on the zig zag lines and just adjacent to the reserve area for turning. Also at point of impact right hand side front wheel of car 'A' was in the reserve area. I have taken few pictures showing above situation.

I understand from previous blogs of 'Crime Analyst' that it will difficult to judge speed as it has to be witnessed by police officer.

Please advice if can come out of this liability

Warms regards,

S

Sunil

Jul 17, 2012
Tony,

I read few articles about accidents cases similar to the one I had hence I thought I might get some advice, Thank you for your reply.

S