Freesat Rocks!

scotchlass

Facilitator
Sep 5, 2008
My hubby went to Maplins yesterday and bought a Freesat set for £60. The kit contained a dish and the box(as wella s all the little connector thingys that men know about :confused:). There is already a dish on our property and it works brilliantly with it! The system managed to link with 3 satellites and we have over 200 channels- for a one-off payment of £60 :eek:!!! I would definitely give it a thumbs up.

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
Hi Scotchlass,

Can I ask something? We have a Sky+ system with a satellite receiver... Does the Freesat use the Sky Receiver somehow? Have you connected the Freesat to the existing dish? Also what kind of channels does Freesat have?

I only ask as if it has the channels I use mostly (which are the football channels!) I may be interesting in switching...

Any advice would be great thanks

scotchlass

Facilitator
Sep 5, 2008
Hi, I didn't have Sky before I got the Freesat but the person who lived in the house did and so the dish was already up! It works fine with this dish, but the kit does contain its own dish in case you need one. It found 3 satellites and we got about 200 channels- can't say very many of them are sport related TBH though! :D

Here is the kit we got: Standard Definition Satellite Kit for Free Digital TV > Maplin

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
Thanks for that Scotchlass,

I'm going to investigate and see what channels you can pick up on the freeview system. I'm sure there will be a website dedicated to this somewhere.

Thanks for the info!

Ian