tv sent for repair and damaged

gino555

Aug 16, 2012
Hi,

I have a 63 inch Samsung TV that broke after 17 months no power to the TV phoned up the company that I bought it from (won’t name them as still in discussions) after a long debate we decided to send it back to them so they could investigate, the agreement was that I had to supply a box package it up for courier to collect and I would have to take responsibility for the TV while in transit, I went on holiday on the Tuesday and the set was picked up on the Thursday my father in law helped to load the set on the van,
I phone the company on the following Tuesday to make sure they have received the set they inform me they can’t find it and will ring me back, I have not heard anything by the Thursday (one week after the set was picked up) so I call them they say they still can’t find the TV and they will call me back, the phoned me a couple of hours later and offer me a full refund as long as I send the remote back, on my return a week later I phone them and ask where they want the remotes sent, they inform me that they have got the TV and it can be repaired at a cost, I reply to who? They said that has still to be decided, my reply is ok so what was the fault with it? At this point the guy was a bit cagey after a pit of prompting he say
There is a big crack in the screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a full ten days after receiving the set
They are trying to say it is my problem as I accepted liability when it was in transit
I am not willing to accept responsibility as they could not tell me they had even received the set

What shall I do now???? It is a 2.5k set and is a write off plus the cost of a replacement

Any help/info would be gratefully received

Thanks in advance

Gino