Montgomery Curtains/Beales Dept Store

tigersgirl007

Aug 21, 2012
Hi everyone, just want to highlight the awful service I have had from the above companies. I bought curtains from Montgomery within a Beales store (spent nearly £1,500 )and I curse the day I did and wished I went to John Lewis instead. When the curtains arrived they wouldnt match up so I went back to the store and asked the Montgomery manager to show me if she could match them up as the order specifically stated pattern to match - she couldnt so sent them back, I then got landed with extra payment as more material was needed however from speaking to someone in Montgomery customer service I was told the panels would match and there was no need for the extra material (unecessary work) and there was no mention of pattern to match made to them despite it being on the order form however because I went by the managers advice who is representing Montgomerys in the Beales store I am being treated as if it was MY fault therefore not entitled to anything. No one in customer services actually listen to what has happened and refuse to refund me the extra I have had to pay and do not phone back when they promise they will, after complaining I have been offered -wait for it guys a £2 voucher to spend in the Beales store. I asked the manager who gave me poor advice if i wasnt happy with the curtains when they arrived would they refund me the money and she replied no Montgomerys dont give refunds!! I thought the law was there to protect the consumer? I have now been left with curtains which I dont enjoy looking at and have too much material in them but I can't go back to the store as they will charge me another £231 for alteration.

So the morale of the story is shop around and if the store looks empty keep walking, in fact run in the opposite direction.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
The sale of goods act says goods must be as described or you can reject them, this has to be done immediately but sounds to me that this is what you did.

Remember, your agreement is with the shop not the manufacturer.

tigersgirl007

Aug 21, 2012
Hiya unfortunately they are refusing to budge and im trying to find the CEO's email for Montgomery as hopefully he will listen and see that the fault was with them however the till receipts clearly shows the dept store name of Beales and not Montgomery however Beales are refusing to budge as they have said the issue should be with Montgomery and not them so im stuck between who should deal and resolve this complaint - £2 voucher is total insult as it will cost me more than that to park on their car park and in petrol