Flat pack damaged

old_mother_buckland

Aug 25, 2012
I ordered a bathroom cabinet from ebay. my silly husband put the thing together and it is damaged quite abit. (He said a bit of paint it will be ok!!!!!). It cost me £28. The returns policy says in original packaging. As my husband has made it will I be able to return it? am I covered by paypal?? I have taken photos and described the damage to the seller. I just would like to armed with info when they reply as I am not very good at complaining and getting a satisfactory result. Many thanks

tigersgirl007

Aug 21, 2012
Hi - i think the goods have to be returned in the condition they arrived to you and as your husband has damaged the item i dont believe you can ask for a refund, im sure someone on here will be able to confirm legally where you stand.

old_mother_buckland

Aug 25, 2012
Hi - i think the goods have to be returned in the condition they arrived to you and as your husband has damaged the item i dont believe you can ask for a refund, im sure someone on here will be able to confirm legally where you stand.
My husband didnt damage the goods these are marks made during manufacture. Tried to add photo but it didnt work.

Last edited:

tigersgirl007

Aug 21, 2012
apologies for the misunerstanding. did the seller point out any defects in the item as part of their description? if no mention of any possible defects then you should be able to claim a refund, was the seller part of a business selling on ebay or an individual seller as this could make a difference to your claim.