New car has damage!

gogaryoke

Aug 28, 2012
i purchased a new renault minibus around begining june, its a long story but basically our original dealer was shut down and our minibus was transfered to another dealer, i collected vehicle and at first sight it looked ok but it was rainig so could reallly see much, after getting home i noticed that the van was dirty inside and had scuff marks and boot marks everywhere,loose panels, dirty seat and loose roof panel etc, clearly the van had not been valeted before pickup,

not very with this dealer i contaced renault uk, who after about 4 weeks of calls managed to get back to me to arrange our local dealer to "fix" the van and give it back to us as it should have been from new!

dropped van off at dealer, who had it for 4 weeks because of parts on backorder!

collected van 2 days ago, not van is worse than before , still grubby inside, small rips on bench seats where they had to dismantle seats, a lot more boot scuff marks, side doors no longer line up with the body the list goes on, and to top it all THERE IS A DENT! on the rear wheel arch...

i had it with this veichle now.. where do i stand? i originally asked renault for a new vehicle back in june, i said i paid for a new minibus so i should get one, they said it couldnt be done, but they would make sure it was as good as new and they would fix everything..

please advise ;-(

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
New as in delivery miles only on the clock or new to you as in second hand?

Obviously if you bought a brand new vehicle, you should expect it to be completely free of defects and damage, second hand vehicles on the other hand can expect some wear but this should be pointed out before purchase.

gogaryoke

Aug 28, 2012
This is brand new, 8 miles, cost about £21,000,..

ordered from renault oldham, they were closed down by renault retail and vehicle was moved to renault manchester, who basically just threrw keys at us.. they were a bit miffed because they had inherited another dealers sale, they had no interest in it!

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Can sort of understand why you're getting no joy then, not that it's any excuse but your contract is with the dealer who supplied the car, which no longer exists.

I think I would be pushing for a replacement vehicle and the responsibility must lie with Renault Manchester.

If you bought the car on finance, you can also deal with the finance company as they now own the vehicle.