Capital Finance One Emptying my account

LaurenVGoff

Aug 31, 2012
Hi,

Im after a bit of help/information regarding Capital Finance One. After checking my bank account yesterday this robbing company have taken 6 different amounts from my bank account that totals to £264.03. They have literally emptied my bank account. I originally phoned my bank who informed me that i needed to phone Capital One Finance. I phone them and spoke to a very rude man who told me I owed them £130 from July 2009 and the payments taken was for this overdue amount plus interest. The thing is the account they have taken money from i didn't open until October 2009, so they didn't have my current bank details, therefore they have taken money from my account without any authorisation. The man then told me that i had recently applied for another loan through a broker company (which i haven't for a couple of years due to getting myself into some money troubles) who passed on my bank details to them and this is how they have them. Ive had no contact from Capital One Finance Prior to this via letter or phone. I cannot seem to find a website to get an email address or postal address as id like to have everything in writing. My bank has now put a block on my card and is sending another out and they are going to attempt to reclaim the money for me (im not going to hold my breathe)

Is there anything else I can do? Who else can i contact etc?

Many Thanks

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Found this address:

copper house,
88 snakeslane east,
woodford green
ig8 7hx

Not sure if it's correct though

I have read on another forum that they are members of the Consumer Credit Association althought the CCA website does not give details of members, you could contact them and ask the question then put in a complaint through them:

Advice and complaints - Information for consumers | CCA

The web is full of complaints about these 'people'