Logik 22inch TV/DVD combu

adamski9

Sep 3, 2012
I bought the above TV / DVD combi from Curry's on 29/8/11 for our recently decorated kitchen. On Friday of last week 31/8/12 or 1 year and 2 days after the TV was bought the sound has gone. I didnt extend the warranty as I expected the TV to last at least 3 to 5 years at which point it would be scrapped and replaced with newer technology.
I went into Curry's with the TV on Saturday to be told I had to phone their customer services to see if they could do anything for me the fact that the tv was only 2 days out of warranty. I was told by customer services that they have people phoning with problems when products are only 1 day out of warranty so they could do nothing for me as that wouldnt be fair. It is as if these electrical items are programmed to fail so they can further extract monies from consumers.
I would like to know what are my rights and what is my best next move?
Someone has suggested I take them to small claims court as I would have a case under the sale of goods act.

I look forward to hearing replys.

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Dont forget: warranties are in addition to your statutory rights.

Under the SOGA, goods are expected to last a 'reasonable length of time'. This is decided upon what the goods are, the cost of the goods, etc etc.

If you feel that 1 year and 2 days is not a reasonable length of time you should write to the head office, explain the situation and quote the part of Section 14 SOGA 'durability' and 'reasonable length of time' (I would copy and paste, however I'm on my phone - Witch will probably paste it for you if your having troubles).
State on the letter what you want done about it: partial refund / Repair / replacement and give a time scale to get back to you - usually 10 days will do.

Keep a copy / photocopy of this letter as your proof, and send the original by a recorded signed for means.

Any questions just ask :)

adamski9

Sep 3, 2012
Hi, thanks for your reply.

I have since received a call from customer services at Curry's who have offered me a credit against a new TV that is roughly 2 3rds of the initial cost price so have accepted this and upgraded the TV to a branded model.

Many thanks

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi, thanks for your reply.

I have since received a call from customer services at Curry's who have offered me a credit against a new TV that is roughly 2 3rds of the initial cost price so have accepted this and upgraded the TV to a branded model.

Many thanks
Your welcome. And I must say and I can vouch for what Witch Consumer will think - WOW PCW Group actually doing something for customers!

evergreen29

May 30, 2017
I bought this TV a bit ago but now can't find the manual. Not being very tech savvy please could anyone tell me if this is a smart tv and how I find this on there. Thanks:)