Faulty car bought from Arnold Clark!!! HELP!!

sands

Sep 10, 2012
Hi,

I bought a car from Arnold Clark 01/09/2011. It is a Fiat grande Punto Hatchback 1.2 active 1242cc. It is 2008 model with a mileage at the time of purchase of 9500, now 15000. I paid 4551.25 for the car and after a year I have had problems with the windscreen wiper motor, incomplete door locking, "dualdrive" electric power steering failure, a leak in the water pipe, and to top it off when I was driving earlier the speedometer broke :(

Does anyone have any advice as to if I have any rights or not?

Thanks You :)

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
You have the same rights with a car as anything else you purchase except that with a second hand car you can expect some minor faults and defects.

This doesn't sound like minor faults, sounds like a Friday afternoon's car.

I once bought a brand new mini cooper s that was like this and after a lot of trouble received a full refund, I think that's more than you can expect but they should certainly be helping with the cost of repair.

I take it the car has gone back to them for each repair?

sands

Sep 10, 2012
Thanks for your reply :)

Well no, I took it back to them when the windscreen wiper motor went and they refused to look at it as it wasn't under warranty!!

I have sent them an email now, and I will be taking it back up to the dealership that we bought it from!! :mad:

sands

Sep 10, 2012
They just phoned me saying there is nothing they can do except offer discount rates to get it repaired !! So angry that I even bought a car from them in the first place :(