Am i being st[r]ung by EA!? please help!

natsto

Sep 16, 2012
Well we have been in a bit of a bidding war over a repo property with one other guy... the initially had a contract with him and put the public notice out...

we put a higher offer in and it turns out the other guy was having lender problems so they came back to us and aske if we wanted to progress at our higher offer... we basically said not whilst the bank has a contract with this other guy so they went on to tell us the bank has "apparanty" withdrew his contract... so we decided to go forward.... stupidly withdrew our higher offer (thinkin we were just being strung along and the other bidder had pulled out and acter being messed about for weeks!!) we put in a slightly lower one which they declined and the told us suddenly this other guy was back in track and going for property now.... so we matched the offer and now yhey are saying first to complete gets the house.....

I really dont see this as fair because basically we are one Ea client and he is the other Ea client... they are both telling us to go get surveys and searches done which costs hundreds... knowing fine well one of us will loose out! Our agent basically told us we were at the same point so its anyones game, however i rang our local authority regarding the searches and she told me to pull out as he applied for them in august and already had them back before the pointthe told us to go for it!!

my concern is that she told me he is probably going to complete this week and our searches only start monday... the estate agents have been so dishonest and i think they are basically keeping us there and ready incase the other bidder falls through some how!

Can estate agents even do that... not have a contract with either of us and basically say its a fight to the end quickest man wins!? surely thats Ll kinds of wrong!!!

Sorry for the long post im going out of my mind!! its our first home buy, family home which we WERE sooo excited about and now dont know wether to risk loosing hundreds knowing what the authority told us ? iv no idea how this game works so would LOVE any advice you guys can give me !!

Thank you soo much :) x