ideal world customer service is cr..

Queenbee

Sep 18, 2012
I bought a Lenovo laptop on the 7th May. First they sent the wrong power lead with it. Emailed and gota new one 3 weeks later, so couldn't use it for 3 weeks. The CD drive had not been properly mounted, and then in July it started this incessant screaming noise so I had to have sound on mute all the time.
6 emails sent altogether.3 automated replies. and 2 asking me to wait a bit longer for processing!
I rang hem on the freecall number and spoke to an English man, who told me to send it back and tick the box for 'refund'. He stressed that I MUST get a receipt from the carrier. The carrier said that he didn't have any as Ideal World had stopped providing them. I let him take it. Then I got a letter saying they had received it, and it would be returned after it had been repaired. I rang on the 15th August and was told they would look into it. On the 15th they rang and said my refund had been approved--in 5 to 7 working days.I rang on the 11th September as it was still not in my account. Said they would call back. They called back on the 12th September. The woman apologised, and said that the person dealing with it was on holiday and had not processed it. She would process it for me. At last today I have got my money back after a wait of almost 5 weeks from when I was promised a refund! I personally will never, ever buy from them again, and would advise others to think twice.