Hit by car from side road

DeanAllan

Sep 29, 2012
Hi guys

Only been driving for 2 years and got hit for the first time.

Turned onto straight main road and travelled about 0.1 miles and over a hump crossing and a car from a side road shot out in front of me, I tried to go around the idiot but he hit the passenger door and pushed me onto on coming traffic, where I hit another car.

The guy from the side road is saying that I was speeding. I had only just pulled onto the road and I had to go over the crossing and.... The anti-pollution fault came on my car which made it go into limp mode (hard to go over 28mph).

Am I right that the guy is at fault? He could see over a mile down the road and he did see me, he tried to speed out anyhow. My only concern is that my car, which is only a Peugeot 307 makes a noise like its going fast, but its not lol. What happens if a witness says yeah he was speeding?

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Anyone turning out from a side road and causing a collision is at fault, you need to take some photos of the junction which will hopefully prove he could see you before he pulled out, the damage to the cars will prove roughly whether you were speeding and insurance assessors have a lot of experience in determining this sort of issue.

If the witness was a passenger in the third party car they will have less impact than an independant witness.