Missold upgrade - Extra month's bill to pay after cancelling upgrade

rahul2011

Oct 5, 2012
Hi,

After getting conflicting information from 5-6 different people at TMobile regarding whether Skype and tethering are supported or not, I obtained my PAC code from tmobile on 11/09 to switch networks for an unlimited broadband plan with 3. After an hour or so, I got offered an upgrade by someone from Tmobile telling me that Skype and Tethering are supported on the network. I agreed to the upgrade on the condition that Skype and Tethering will work on the phone and if it doesn't, I will not be charged for anything.

When I received the phone. Skype and Tethering didn't work. After talking to different people at Tmobile for 3-4 days, I was still being given conflicting information about whether Skype and tethering are supported or not. Finally on 14 sept, I spoke to some lady who quite firmly confirmed to me that Skype and Tethering are not supported on my Full Monty plan and agreed to accept the phone back within the 7 day return period. She also told me that since I was given the wrong information at the time of being sold the upgrade, she will also not charge me for the return postage and it was indeed TMobile's fault for giving me incorrect information. She told me I will receive some packaging to return my phone withing a couple of days and after they recieve the phone, they will cancel my upgrade. The packaging arrived on Monday 1 Oct!! So I have already been billed for 2 extra weeks because of their tardiness! They recieved the phone back on 4/10 and I have put in a cancellation request today. I will now have to pay my bill till 05/11

I'm disputing TMobile's claim that I should have to pay till the 05/11.
My original PAC code/cancellation request was made on 11/09 which would have made me liable to pay the bill till 11/10. Since I was *missold* the upgrade, and tmobile customer service have no idea what their networks support, is it my responsibility to pay the extra bills?

In case I am liable to pay inspite of the fact that I was *missold* the upgrade, why should I need to pay for the extra two weeks that Tmobile took to send me the packaging and delayed the return of my phone due to their tardiness?

Please do not reply questioning whether Skype and Tethering actually work on TMobile or not. It did not work for me after trying for 3-4 days and the person who accepted the cancellation of my upgrade confirmed to me that Tethering and Skype are not supported on TMobile.

Has anyone else had such issues when they were *missold* an upgrade and had to pay a month's extra bill just because they made the mistake to upgrade?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,
Rahul

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Under the distance selling regulations you have 7 days to cancel, once you have informed them of your intended cancellation you don't have to pay them anything.

Quote the DSR to them rather than arguing about what does or does not work on their network/phones

rahul2011

Oct 5, 2012
Under the distance selling regulations you have 7 days to cancel, once you have informed them of your intended cancellation you don't have to pay them anything.

Quote the DSR to them rather than arguing about what does or does not work on their network/phones
Thanks for the reply. I'll go through the DSR and see if I can find the exact thing to quote that applies in my case.