Your worst experience whilst on holiday

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Malta Holiday Nightmare

My worst experience was a trip to Malta, nothing wrong with the flights or the accommodation. It was simply the fact that we all came down with flu, and one of my sons had to have a chest x-ray as they thought he might have pneumonia. Luckily, we were there for two weeks so we had time to recover and have a bit of a holiday, but it was pretty miserable. There is nothing worse than being ill away from home.

I was reading somewhere that some doctors will go over board on treatments when they know the bill is being paid by the travel insurance. I don't think he would have had an x-ray in the UK - I think it cost about £200!!!

Tony

Paul Carcone

Facilitator
Jun 22, 2008
South Coast
www.carconeconsulting.com
Taking a holiday with my soon to be ex-wife that I had only just separated from!!!

We had booked a very expensive holiday in the Caribbean and neither of us wanted to give up the chance to go! The first few days were absolutely unbearable...until I realised that as my soon to be EX-wife, I didn't need to simply put up with her bad moods! As such, the rest of the holiday was absolutely top line - well...it was for me anyway!!

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Did you ask for separate seats on the plane? I suppose it is traditional to go on a holiday to start of a marriage, so why not at the end. I have always wanted to go to the Caribbean...

Paul Carcone

Facilitator
Jun 22, 2008
South Coast
www.carconeconsulting.com
The Caribbean is hugely over-rated...but if you REALLY want to go...then the Dominican Republic still offers fairly good value for money. If money is no object, then The British Virgin Islands (Tortola) is quite stunning...as are the Turks and Caicos.

I've been lucky enough to go a few times with my work...but I don't think I'd go back using my own money!

Personally, I think Croatia is a much better place to go. It's got just as stunning beaches, is quieter, less full of British moneyed yobs and still retains an authentic feel. The Caribbean is TOO perfect in some places and never quite feels natural.