Vodafone Insurance - Can they cancel my policy without telling me?

Patricke87

Nov 7, 2012
Hi,

New to the forum so I've posted this in both insurance and in mobile phones and I'm hoping someone might be able to help.

I was recently pick-pocketed for my iPhone on the tube for the second time this year. The first time, I was able to claim back on my insurance no problem, however, when I went through the same process again this week - Vodafone told me that my policy had been cancelled and that they weren't able to pay out on my claim.

After much conversation (and about an hour on the phone to customer services) it turns out that the guys in the insurance team had cancelled my policy two months ago. It says in the Ts & Cs that they can cancel the policy at any time with notification - but I didn't receive ANY kind of notification that this would be happening.

They fobbed me off and told me to get in touch with the underwriters of the policy - who didn't answer their phone when I called.

Now I don't know what to do because I'm currently out of pocket for the £500 for my iPhone, and despite being a Vodafone customer for 8 years - nobody there seems interested in helping me at all!

What can I do? Has anybody else experienced a similar thing?

Any help/advice is much appreciated!

TL;DR - Vodafone cancelled my insurance policy two months before I lost my phone without telling me and are now refusing to honour my claim.

Patrick

Lee_Vodafone

May 9, 2012

Hi Patrick,

It's just a quick post to acknowledge this thread and to confirm that I've replied to you in the 2nd thread you posted.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK