No Cable in my area

gkd_uk

May 6, 2008
Hi

I called Virgin Media yesterday to confirm what services they can provide in my area. I looked up on the internet first.

They said that there was no cable around my area as yet but could provide me broadband through my BT line (Something I could get from any provider)

How long do you think it will take before the whole UK is covered?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Virgin Media Cable Rollout

GKD,

I am afraid that Virgin Media are not rolling out any new cable as it is too expensive and the competition from Sky is too great. It is a real shame. It will be interesting to see what happens when BT starts rolling out the next generation broadband with fibre to every home.

Sorry,

Tony

Paul Carcone

Facilitator
Jun 22, 2008
South Coast
www.carconeconsulting.com
I agree with Tony...I don't think we'll see too much movement in this market. The research for the next generation of internet is beginning to bear fruit...so I think the next time we'll see a radical shift in connectivity will be when the internet's replacement is rolled out.

As to when that will be...Who knows.

Paul C

scrooge

Dec 2, 2008
Honestly GKD,

Although Virgin do have super fast BB and you will always get a very good connection. The customer services isn't amazing! Grated it's a step up from when NTL used to have the network but still, i've had some really traumatic experiences with Virgin!