New Mobile or Refurbished?

scotchlass

Facilitator
Sep 5, 2008
Our mobile phone contract with 3G was due for renewal last week and we were offered upgraded phones for the new contract.

Well, my husbands arrived today and on the box it says refurbished:eek: He phoned the company that send the phones and they say that it is not refurbished, it is just in a box like that because someone did not collect it from the Post Office and it had been sent back unopened.

We are not keen to open it to check it as I know that if I break the seal on the box they may not take it back if it is damaged.

Any advice on what to do?

Thanks.

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
Hi Scotchlass,

If you are in any way unhappy with the phone as it stands, then I would not open it and insist that it is sent back and a phone you are happy with sent in it's place.

It must have refurbished on the box for a reason. I cannot see it being simply a process whereby phones that are returned uncollected, must then get this sticker. That seems utterly pointless.

My guess is that they have sold out of your particular phone and sent you a refurbished one in the hope you would not notice. But I would certainly ensure that you receive what you signed up for beyond any doubt.

That's what I'd do anyway, but I am a belligerent so in so at times!

Christopher

Dec 17, 2008
grumpychris.com
Sounds like Three are trying to fob you off. Don't stand for it, you are legally entitled to request a like-for-like replacement within a reasonable period of time as the goods are not as described nor are they of adequate standard. Send it back and get 'em to give you a brand new phone :)