swinton home emergency policy

AlexH

Dec 8, 2012
We have a home emergency policy with swinton. We have followed the rules and had an annual boiler service and paid our premiums on time.
On the 23/11/12 we reported a fault with our boiler.....losing pressure and leaking. A plumber was sent out on the 26/11/12. Said we needed a new heat exchanger and burner. On the 29/11/12 we lost all heating and hot water.
After numerous calls and being told we will have a plumber out on 2 separate occasions. (who never arrived) we are now told that it is a two man job and noone can come with the parts till 11/12/12.
When i have rung i have been promised calls back with updates by the call centre staff but the only people who have done what they have said have been our local swinton branch.

I have two small children aged 2 & 5 but this still has not made us a priority.

We will have been without heating and hotwater for 13 days and i still am not convinced anyone will show up.

I have put in an official complaint about the lack of communication and standard of service or rather lack of so far and yet i don't feel like anyone is listening.
At my wits end.

Hope I've posted in the right forum i am a newbie to this site.
Thanks for listening
Alex

AlexH

Dec 8, 2012
Still waiting. Plumber arrived yesterday but didn't have the parts. Corillion have rung today re parts asking me for a list of what parts are needed. I am neither a plumber or a secretary.......seething