Fly.co.uk cancellation fee help.

Aiuto

Dec 11, 2012
Dear All

I am a new user, I am here basically because I have a problem and I was hoping here within these realms I can get some advice.

In March 2012, I booked a flight with fly.co.uk. Got what I thought was a cancellation email. (Basically my bank put a stop to it, as it was unusual activity on my account. ) Went ahead and rebooked the flight through the email.

In August, I started receiving, demands for cancellation payment. I thought this was odd as I had booked the flight and used it. I replied back to their email and did not hear anything from the till October. I got another email, replied back, a month later one more and I replied back, stating I had used the ticket. No reply. Eventually I get a letter saying they will take me to court. I called them up and they have told me that the first ticket I ordered was not cancelled but became cancelled after I did not return their email.

They are telling me, I booked two tickets, even though they are identical and that I did not cancel one and thus I am liable for the one I did not cancel.

However, I did not realise that this ticket was not cancelled and they waited until August to inform me that it had been.

I feel that the below email, if you did not know the context, is not clear and gives no clear steps as to what to do next and could be mistaken for a cancellation email.

Is there anything I can do or should I just suck it up? The cancellation is 120 pounds.

email I received about the failure of payment.

Dear Mr
********************* This e-mail has been generated automatically *********************
Thank you for your flight request: 8H4WRA.
************************* ************************* ************************* ************************* ************************* ************************* *****Unfortunately, we were unable to charge the price of your flight to the credit card you provided.
Please contact the serviceteam of your bank or credit * *card company. We must inform you that the price of your ticket could increase anytime, and that your reservation can be cancelled by the airline, if your ticket cannot be issued within 24 hours after booking.
If you have requested insurance, the cost will be charged directly to your credit card by ETI – International Travel Protection.
If this is not possible, they will contact you directly. Please do not transfer any payment for insurance to us.
In case of a cancellation, fees apply for the processing of your order, in accordance with our company regulations (Terms and Conditions).
Please respond directly to this email to ensure the shortest possible processing time.
************************* ************************* ************************* **********************
In case you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Best wishes,

Your fly.co.uk Team

Unister GmbH
Barfußgäßchen 11
04109 Leipzig
Germany

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
| think this email is quite clear in that it says payment will be requested again and the last sentence asks you to reply to the email.

It should have been clear to them that the samee person cannot take the same flight twice and if they booked the second flight through a direct reply to their email shown in this thread, they have made an error, not you.

Do you have a copy of the email you sent to them in response?

I doubt they will take you to court given it appears to be an error on their part but you need to be able to prove you responded to their email and didn't just book a second flight.