ASDA online delivery problem (no service)

saag aloo

Dec 15, 2012
We have been using ASDA and Tesco online delivery for around 4 years. My Mrs placed and order for ASDA to deliver a £90 shop with essentials such as nappies and eggs, bread, milk and other stuff. Delivery was arranged for Thursday for a slot from 8-10pm. However it did not arrive. We received a call from the driver at 10pm who said he was going to be 20 minutes late. So we thought fine. But no one arrived.

He did not have the decency to phone back and notify us that he will not be turning up. We tried ringing him but got no answer. So we waited up when we really should have been i bed.

Mrs rang them following day, they said they would arrange for someone to come that evening between 7-9pm.

Guese what? Nobody came. Me, Mrs and my kids have not had a proper breakfast (missing the things we like, eggs, toast) for 2 days now thinking I would get a delivery.

Mrs rang ASDA again and told then to forget it and cancel the order as we thought the same thing would probably happen again.

I just don't understand when the are not able to offer a service why they just just don't say "we do not currently have the capability or capacity to deliver the service you require" instead of just taking an order. Do they think wasting a customers time in the manner stated is going to do them any good? All they gave us in return for wasting our time was a £5.15 credit. Which would be no use as we do not intend to use them again.

And in case your wandering, weather is cold as it is December but not icy and no snow.

BTW this is the second bad service incident we have had with them now in recent times, the last time we had bad service was when we were picking up pre-ordered items for collection from their home and leisure department. As they had no coverage in the department due to one person being on a break, we waited 20 minutes for someone with knowledge of how to use the system to serve us, there was no attempt to deal with the situation with any urgency. We were told by another staff member she did not have the training to use a system that would be used to release our goods we would just have to wait. This was whilst my Mrs was 8 months pregnant!

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
TBH I stopped using home delivery services when I ordered a turkey and received a packet of chicken drumsticks!!!!

I agree the service is apalling and they shouldn't have you waiting around for shopping they know they won't deliver.

Not sure what you could expect in recompence, I suspect 2 days waiting is worth more than a fiver (that wasn't the delivery charge was it?) but at least you have the satisfaction of knowing it will cost them a serious amount in lost business in the future.

More people should vote with their feet, I've managed an Amazon, Starbucks, EBay and Apple free Christmas this year and even Google has been replaced by Dogpile!!!!

saag aloo

Dec 15, 2012
Yes i think it works out as free delivery on your next order. pointless really as we dont intend to do online shopping with them. In our case they just didnt bother turning up didnt care about the inconvenience caused.

Cheap prices definately mean cheap service. Or no service.

saag aloo

Dec 15, 2012
Just when I though it couldn't get any worse. I asked my Mrs to watch out for if ASDA take payment from her account. As I have read a few places online that they have on occasions charged people even when orders have been cancelled or not delivered.

They took around £90 from her account.

Scandalous!

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Phone them, don't take any bull, they can refund immediately, ask them to do it while you're on the phone, they will probably say they can't but i can assure you they can, alternatively ask the bank to do it via chargeback.

saag aloo

Dec 15, 2012
It looks like they have given us a load of bull. Mrs rung them on Monday and they said it will take 3days to return money. 6 days on and she has not been refunded.

May 19, 2013
Re: I'm finished with Asda!

Spent nearly 2 hours last night with online shop from Asda (almost £170!!) for delivery today between 3pm - 5pm. At 5 to 5 thought I'd give them a ring to ensure it was still coming (having rushed back at 3pm from a family gathering to make sure I wouldn't miss them) only to be told order cancelled as they couldn't get authorisation from my bank for payment!! Didn't bother telling me it was cancelled so I could rush out and get the things I needed and whilst hanging on the phone to one of their customer service reps I phoned my bank and they confirmed it had been authorised at 10.40am this morning but almost immediately the payment had been reversed by Asda! I last ordered from them 5 months ago (switched to Tesco) after they let me down saying all their delivery vans had broken down - I didn't believe them but in any event it shouldn't have stopped them phoning me and telling me so I could make alternative arrangements. I swore then I wouldn't use them again as they clearly couldn't be trusted but in a moment of weakness placed an order last night. Won't be doing it again! They said they were sorry and would reorder for tomorrow but I told them not to bother - sometimes sorry just isn't enough!