Is this legal

apoko

Dec 22, 2012
I am looking at buying a new bed, and thought I would look on ebay first and found to what seems to be a good deal and have looked and feedback and does not seem to bad so I was about to order using paypal as I would also be covered if anything went wrong then I noticed this at the bottom and wondered if the company have the right to do this if the item is damaged or wrong one etc.

"On 07-Oct-10 at 15:27:39 BST, seller added the following information:

Goods need to be returned in original condition and packaging. If unpacked or unrolled a £30 handling fee will be charged. It is the buyers responsibility to return unwanted goods within 7 days of purchase. If the goods need to be collected by ourselves there will also be a £40 collection charge. The items must be unused. All damaged goods will be exchanged and all mattresses and beds carry a one year warranty
."

Thank you for your advice in advance :)

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Not if they are trading as a business in the UK, any goods bought via the internet are covered by the Distance Selling Regulations which also says you have the right to inspect the goods.

You also do not have to pay to return them, that is the responsibility of the seller.

TBH I would just go elsewhere, they don't deserve the business.

KimE

Nov 4, 2014
Hi

My name is Kim, I work on a daytime show at ITV, ‘Judge Rinder’. I’ve just come across you case on here and thought the programme may be of interest to you.

ITV are looking for people who would like to settle their disputes or claims in the second series of court show Judge Rinder.

Do you want to claim your money back? Criminal barrister Robert Rinder is ready to hear your case!

If you are interested then please drop me a message with a brief discription, or you can call me on 0161 952 0961

We look forward to hearing your case!

Thanks X

RussellMPowell

Jul 6, 2016
I agree with Witch Consumer. You shouldn’t bear the burden of having to pay that much to return an item in case you want to return unwanted goods. Try finding other deals from other sellers. I’m pretty sure there’s plenty out there.

GaryCSmith

Jul 13, 2016
Same comment here. I’d have to agree that you shouldn’t cover the delivery cost to return the item. Try looking for other sellers, instead.