can I take it away?

paulsm

Jan 15, 2013
Hi first post here, possibly in the wrong category but here goes.
I recently took an electric bike to a repairer who didnt seem to want to take it in (for whatever reason) and appeared ignorant to speak to.
I told him I was sure it was wired wrong and gave him the wiring diagram I had made up (which he didn't seem bothered about) and asked if he could check that.
While in the workshop I noticed his wiring diagram on the wall and spotted my brake levers were wired wrong already.
I got a call from him today saying he had checked the bike and it might be a switch or it might be the throttle which I had already told him I had changed, the wiring is connected at one point which is where I think it has been rewired wrongly and this was shrink tubed so I will easily be able to see if he has checked the wiring.
I suspect he hasn't but will see when I go to pick it up.
With his vague diagnosis and suspecting he has not checked the wiring/doesn't know how to test it properly I would not be happy to pay him.
My question is am entitled to collect it (can he keep it) if I refuse to pay him.
I am happy for him to take it further for his money as I am going to take it to a well known reputable repairer and will find out exactly what is wrong with it in the end.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
I'm a bit confused as to what he has done? Has he 'fixed' anything? If has worked on the bike you can dispute the bill or you can pay him and claim it back if it proves unsatisfactory but you will owe him for time/parts.