Motor trades.co.uk

iammrsmellow

Jan 16, 2013
Are there any ongoing threads regarding this awful company that I can read and add too before I start a new thread.

I am new to this board and am lost lol

We desperately need help with this company and information as to what to do?

Thanks

iammrsmellow

Jan 16, 2013
Thank you :)

This may be vague as was only told about this last night (hubbys company)

Hubby took out an advertising package last year with MT - £200 for a year's advertising, he apparently signed an e-contract or agreed over the phone (recorded calls) to taking out a rolling contract whereby he would need to give 60 days notice to cancel. this was in the small print.

The new contract for the year starts soon and is now £4.5k for the same advertising campaign.

He has been threatened over the phone by the company saying he must pay the money immediately or they will pursue it through debt collectors.

If you Google the company reviews they are awful, knowing that now he wouldn't have touched them but their sales people did their job.

They have previously been on Watchdog.

Just really wanted to know if any other company had to go down the solicitor route or whether its all scare tactics and will eventually die off?

We cannot afford the £4.5k obviously and have cancelled the CC and DD so hopefully they are unable to take money.

HELP ?

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
If they are that bad I don't think they will take it to court so I wouldn't bother spending money on a solicitor unless you have to.

Inform the bank not to make any payment as they may try to take it through any card details they have.

We have had similar complaints about other companies, just write and tell them you have cancelled the contract and will not be making any further payments then stick to your guns theres not much they can do, just spend your time collecting evidence against them from the web.

operations.manager

Jan 17, 2013
Dear Sirs

We are sorry to learn of your complaint, and would love the chance to resolve it for you.

Please contact us directly quoting any reference numbers, (order numbers or invoice numbers and we will help you).

You can either email operations dot manager at motortrades dot co dot uk or call us on 01277 897770 asking for Operations on extension 7803.

To put your mind at rest, we can only bill payments due under signed contracts, and therefore if you have not signed a new contract, no fees will be billed.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Thank you for your response Operations Manager, however the post below clearly says the customer has been signed up to a rolling contract, this would not require the signing of a new contract, can you clarify your contract terms please?

operations.manager

Jan 17, 2013
Hello – we have a few different types of agreement, and without knowing the customer name or agreement number, it is a little difficult to be too specific – however, if the contract is an automatic renewal, the customer would have received an automatic renewal pack, which tells them how to cancel the agreement – which would prevent them being billed for a further term.

If they have had a chat with our call centre, they may have issued a new agreement, but there is no obligation to sign the contract, and if you don’t sign it, you won’t be billed.

Best course of action is for the customer to contact us directly and we’ll do our best to help.

Thanks

iainkitchen

Feb 17, 2013
I need help with motortrades.co.uk.they are trying to empty my bank account and I can't stop them they have already taken £2,700 for a contract I cancelled 6 months ago.

iainkitchen

Feb 17, 2013
About 8 moths ago I was cold called by motortrades they seamed like a genuine company,they offered to find me work for a son of £60 per month for a year.after about 3 month I had not had any work from the company.i soon received a further phone call offering me a better contract at a reduced rate and they said if I didn't get any work in the next 28 days I could cancel the contract,he said this was a verbal contract.i didn't get any work so I emailed them and said I was canceling the contract.last week I got a very persistent man on the phone telling me I owed them money for both contracts and if I paid them straight away he would discount the prices to about £7,000 for both contracts.i told him I didn't have that sort of money,he said he would take it straight out of my account and the rest he would have someone come to my house and take goods to the value.i immediately cancelled my card but later went to the bank and found that the sum of £2,700 was pending to be taken out of my account.i have a meeting with the bank tomorrow.HELP

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Firstly, if you gave them your card details and they have taken the money via that, the bank can reverse the payment, if they are taking it off your new card, they are doing it without your consent.

They cannot send anyone round to your house without it being licenced bailiffs with a court order, if they take you to court I'll eat my laptop.

Don't let the bank tell you there is nothing they can do, there's more info here:

http:// http://www.fsa.gov.uk/consumerinformation/product_news/banking/know_your_rights/payments

See the 'cancelling a regular card payment' section, if you can, print this off and take it with you to the bank.

iainkitchen

Feb 17, 2013
Thank you for your time im at the bank first thing I will take what you said and see what happens I will let you know.is there anything we can do to either shut this company down or even get the police or tv involved.thanks again iain

operations.manager

Jan 17, 2013
Dear Iain

We have read your postings and would like to speak to you directly about your complaint.

To be clear, we only ever bill payments due to us under contract, and we would be able to support any payments billed to you by both a recorded telephone call, (designed to protect both parties to the agreement and to help resolve any issues that may arise, like this one) and also an agreement that you would have signed, or terms that you would have accepted by email.

Please contact us quoting the agreement number, and we can review the call recordings and signed agreements / contract. We would also be happy to speak to your bank regarding the payments billed.

You can contact us directly at operations.manager at motortrades.co.uk[/email] or by calling 01277 89 77 70 asking for Operations on extension 7803 but having scanned the system we can see two orders made last week, one of which was billed, being 69472.

Yours faithfully

Operations

operations.manager

Jan 17, 2013
Dear Mr Kitchen - we have emailed you this morning. A copy of that email timed 0931 appears below.

Dear Sir

We are aware of a complaint that you have posted on-line -

You were billed as you made an order on 14 February 2013, the order was confirmed by way of a recorded telephone call and an email acceptance, the confirmation call recording of the order is enclosed to remind you as to what you ordered;

This was billed with your authority.

We will be happy to provide a copy of the call recording and the email acceptance to your bank and also to the forum in order to show that we billed you correctly.

Another package was also discussed, which did not become formalised and this has today been cancelled, and will not be billed.

Nikki, please cancel the e agreement for order 20130269473 which is not progressing.

Mr Kitchen, the posting that appears below is in-accurate and misleading.

The posting reads:

Re: Motor trades.co.uk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need help with motortrades.co.uk.they are trying to empty my bank account and I can't stop them they have already taken £2,700 for a contract I cancelled 6 months ago.

The payment that we billed to you on 14 February 2013 was not in relation to a contact that you cancelled 6 months ago, it was in relation to an order made and confirmed 14 February 2013. We strongly refute your claim that we “are trying to empty your bank account” – we billed as per the enclosed call recording.

You were billed correctly as per the order and with your written permission we can arrange to upload either the call recording enclosed or a transcript of that call and your email order to this forum, in order to allow readers of the forum to make an informed decision as to why you were billed.

We also enclose a copy of the email in which you confirmed the above order.

If you have any queries, please let us know.

Regards

Customer Service

Accounts

Motortrades.co.uk

0845 468 2000

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Operations Manager

Thank you for your response, it clearly explains you feel you have a contract for which our member must pay however you do not explain your actions to prove you have kept to your side of the contract.

Perhaps you could explain what the terms are regarding the service you have provided which makes the contract a two way vehicle as a contract is supposed to be.

You will also be aware that for a contract to exist in law it must be fulfilled by both parties, we have yet to see any evidence that this is the case and entering into a contract without an intention to provide a service is fraud.

Perhaps our member should take this matter to an official body to be looked into.

operations.manager

Jan 17, 2013
Dear Sirs

There is a valid and legal contract between both parties, which we are able to demonstrate by a call recording of the Client approving and confirming the order and their email acceptance.

The order number being 20130269472.

The contracted services are live as per the agreement, it would therefore appear that Mr Kitchen has some form of buyers remorse and has simply changed his mind, however, has not contacted us directly to discuss.

If he wishes to speak to our team we'd be able to clarify everything with him, and show the contracted service is provided, he is of course more than welcome to take some form of legal advice if that is what he wishes, and he has a copy of the agreement, the recorded call and the email in his email timed 0931 this morning in order to remind him what was agreed.

We should point out also, that should Mr Kitchen make further postings of a Libellous nature we would have to consider our options in relation to this.

Yours faithfully

Operations

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Well swerved, you didn't answer my question, if you are willing to come on this site and defame a member then you must also be willing to outline the services you have provided. I didn't advise him to take legal advice, quite the opposite, I suggest he lets you take him to court to recover your money.

operations.manager

Jan 17, 2013
Dear Sirs

If you can provide us your full mailing address, we will send you a copy of the relevant agreements, the contract and a CD with Iain confirming the order and providing his card details and the authority to bill him.

In fairness, we did not seek to "swerve" any response, we have responded quickly and attempted to provide the reasons as to why he was billed.

Neither have we defamed Iain. Iain paid us directly, there is therefore no reason for us to take any court action against him. The crux of his initial thread was that we had billed him without authority for an order cancelled months ago, and this was simply not the case.

Yours faithfully

Operations

iainkitchen

Feb 17, 2013
The contract Ian supposed to have signed I was told it was to pay off the contract I had cancelled in august last year.not a new contract that I cancelled by email on 28.8.2012

iainkitchen

Feb 17, 2013
I did sign a contract last year but I did not get any work.i then got another phone call offering me a new contract at a reduced rate I was told the old contract would be cancelled and I would definitely get work from the new contract bit the caller said if I didn't get any work for 28 days I could cancel said contract which I did.after the 2 hour phone call on the 14.02 13 while I was driving I really don't know what I agreed to I do know the caller was talking thousands of pounds.i just want to work which motortrades did not supply