B&Q kitchen

maz2013

Jan 18, 2013
Hi, need some advice on what to do next. I had a B&Q kitchen installed in september 2012, which included integrated fridge and dishwasher, oven and hob. I discovered the dishwasher was leaking so, after numerous calls to the installation centre, they sent an engineer who said I needed a new door(the seal was loose)he said it would take 1 week, that was 5 weeks ago. Since then I discovered a gas leak on the hob they installed, had to call out gas engineer who found the connection wasn't properly sealed and tightened.This cost me £150, I contacted the installation centre again who advised me to send the work report and invoice from the gas engineer, with a supporting letter to them, which I did on 6/12/12. After hearing nothing from them I phoned 3 days ago explained everything, I was told that it will be chased up and they will call me back......still waiting! what do I do next? :confused:

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Go to their website and find their complaints procedure and follow it with a complaint letter, it's long winded, they have up to 8 weeks to respond but if they don't you can take them to the small claims court simply and cheaply.

You might alsoask for a copy of the Gas Safe certificate for the bloke who did the installation.